Dance Development Manager wanted Watford
Assistant Dance Development Manager wanted in Watford
Hours: 16 hours per week during term time (30 weeks per year), 8 hours per week during holidays (22 weeks per year) with the potential for additional project work and development of core role dependant on funding.
Fee: The fee for the hours above will be in the region of £10,450 per annum. The successful candidate will be expected to invoice on a monthly basis, payment will be made in arrears for the hours completed that month.
Employment status: Self employed – part time.
Period of employment: 3 months trial period with potential for extension
Reporting to: Artistic Director
Main purpose and scope of the job
The Assistant Dance Development Manager will be a committed, creative and highly organised individual. They will play a key role within a small, hard working team who are committed to the delivery of activities that inspire creativity and confidence in those who find it hard to access mainstream society. The role supports the ActOne approach, encouraging individualised learning and development and overcoming barriers to participation.
The Assistant Dance Development Manager will work closely with the Dance Development Manager, Administrator, Development Manager and Artistic Director to support the running of the organisation and delivery of activities. During term time, they will deliver ActOne’s DanceBase Watford sessions and provide mentoring and support at ActOne’s DanceBase Ware sessions. Additionally, they will work for 8 hours per week in an administrative role, supporting the project management and marketing of activities.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Leading the delivery of ActOne’s DanceBase Watford project (4.30-8pm Wednesdays during term time)
- Supporting the delivery of ActOne’s DanceBase Ware project (4.30- 8pm Tuesdays during term time)
Administrative/ office based role:
- Working alongside the Artistic Director, Dance Development Manager and Board of Trustees to provide support and mentoring to ActOne’s team members
- Supporting the Dance Development Manager in providing mentoring and advocacy to Trainees attending ActOne’s employment training activities
- Supporting the Development Manager with monitoring and evaluation records for funding reports and applications
- Supporting the Project Management and evaluation of ActOne’s activities
- Coordinating the delivery of ActOne’s apprentice scheme
- Delivering the Arts Awards at Discovery to Gold levels (training provided)
- Supporting the promotion of ActOne’s activities through publicity and public relations including trade and other events (county and national) electronic and printed collateral and direct marketing.
- Attending conferences and training where required.
- Other relevant company duties.
This position will close for applications on Friday 31st July 2015 at 3pm.
Please send us your CV with a covering letter to say why you are suitable for this role.
Email to email@example.com, or post to ActOne ArtsBase, 59 Down Edge, Redbourn, Herts, AL3 7JR
Interviews will take place on Friday 7th August 2015.
By Lynn Beaumont